*Credits: Most of this article is based on Kegg’s post on Rikomagic forums http://www.rikomagic.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142 . All credits to him.
As the device is same as MK802, the recovery should work. I tried and initially the keyboard didn’t work. Later I realized that the keyboard should be plugged in USB Host socket. Please see the steps below, based on my experience:
1. Root your device. Some help here http://ravindrank.blogspot.in/2012/08/how-to-root-h24-tv-box-aka-mini-x-plus.html
2. Install busybox installer from Android market
3. Launch buxybox installer and install busybox
4. Install script manager from android market
5. Download the MK802 related recovery files
http://files.androtab.info/allwinner/cm9/20120716/MK802/MK802_recovery.zip or from chesterx dropbox link http://db.tt/KYg2WQ3K See Credits *
6. Extract the files and copy to the root of your SDCARD. They will appear under /sdard. 2 .sh and 1 .img files.
7. Open Script manager.
8. Navigate to /sdcard.
9. Click on install-recovery.sh. Click the SU icon on top and click on run. Once it is completed it will show a message indicating Done.
10. Clock on reboot-recovery.sh. Click the SU icon on top and click on run. You will see a message Done and your device will reboot. You may have to quickly remove your SD card if it is bootable (else it may continue booting this the card, in my case Linaro 12.06).
11. If all works well, you will see your screen with 4 parts (all similar). But focus on the Top left one.
12. Connect a keyboard (maybe wireless one, so you can be near the TV). Disable the mouse as moving it causes the menu to move. If it doesn’t work make sure you have plugged it in USB host USB socket.
13. Key mappings are as below:
a. Left arrow <- : Enter
b. Down arrow V : Down
(not sure about other keys, will check and update if needed)
14. Every time you press down, the screen will go black. Observe that the menu is still moving as you press. So you have to remember which the option active on the screen when the screen is black. Press left key for Enter wherever needed.
15. Insert the SD card. Go to the mount menu, mount the /sdcard. Use down keys and navigate to the main menu.
16. Navigate to backup and restore menu. Choose backup option. The nandroid backup should start.
17. Backup of /system will take considerable time and screen will be black. Keyboard may not respond. Please be patient. Get a cup of coffee J
18. Check after some time and the backup should be done. Choose the reboot option to reboot.
The restore should work but I haven’t tested it yet.